Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 1

I was inspired today after seeing an article that ran in the NY Times.

Starting today, I will not buy anything clothing related for an entire year. Nothing. I will even make a list of things I will not buy. The ONLY caveat will be if I lose weight, and I mean enough weight to constitute buying a whole new wardrobe. That will only happen if I get down to something smaller than a size 6 since I have clothing in my closet that will indeed fit a size 6. For those of you curious, I'm currently about a size 12 (more or less) and working to lose the weight too, but that is neither here nor there.

Here is my list of what I will not buy:
Jeans
Shirts
Blouses
Skirts
Shorts
Dresses
Shoes
Purses
Jewelry
Lingerie
Robes
Bathing suits
Yoga pants
Jackets
Sweaters
Sweatshirts
Cardigans
T-shirts
Belts (unless mine finally gives)


I will also apply this to the kids unless they NEED new clothing. They don't NEED anything new for a while. Here is their list:
Pants
Shirts
Skirts
Dresses
Hair accessories
Shoes (unless absolutely necessary)

Other Misc Cutbacks:
Beauty stuff (I'm sure you know those SALES at Bath and Body Works)
*This includes unneeded body washes and soaps because I have a cabinet FULL of these things. I need to USE them instead of buying more.*

Things allowed to buy:
Socks
Undergarments
One Shampoo/Conditioner in particular; no more, no less
One specific type of body lotion: Jergen's (personal preference)

I am doing this really to see if I can do it. I love a challenge, and truth be told, this will in itself, present a challenge indeed! I will do my best to follow through with this and I will attempt to update on a regular basis. Let's make this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment