Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 3

Oh what a DAY today has been! No shopping to report, but I won't lie, I thought about it. I also seemed to see that I wanted to shop AFTER I had a really rough time emotionally with some family members that will not be named as of yet. Unexpected visits sent my world into a tailspin. Sigh. Instead, I turned to making something in the kitchen. :) I made some raw ranch dressing that was surprisingly good and now I'm sitting in my living room enjoying some baby carrots with my raw ranch dressing.

In case you want to see the raw ranch dressing being made, check it out here

The recipe is very simple, although if you watch the video, there aren't any measurements given, so I did mine purely by trial and error. Here's the basic info:

Approx 2 cups raw cashews that have been soaked for at least two hours or overnight.
Approx 1 cup purified water
Lemon juice of one lemon
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Fresh or dry dill
Fresh or dry basil
Salt
Fresh ground pepper

Put the cashews into a blender and add maybe half of the total water. Blend until smooth. If it seems a little dry or choppy, add more water until you get to the desired consistency. Add the lemon juice, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste. Blend it all together well. Add salt and pepper, also to taste, and blend again to mix. Then add the dill and basil, and blend just long enough to mix it because we don't want to dressing to turn green. We just want the typical flecks that you would normally see in the ranch dressing. After that, it is done! Add the spices as you see fit - if you think it needs more, then add it until you are satisfied, but it is MMM-MMM good!! Oh, and it is VEGAN and DAIRY-FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment